Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Elephant in the Middle of My Life!

I'm working 8 hours a day trying to finish the elephant for Hampton House Gallery's Small Art/Big Heart show and fundraiser. It's due tomorrow. Eeeeeekkkk! Here are some photos: where I started yesterday and where I start today.

Basic Shape, after the bones

Basic Shape, after the bones

Looking more like an elephant. Right now he is 6.5 inches tall and 9 inches long.

Today I hope to finish the entire sculpture in the core white and only have to add gray and details tomorrow.
 Did I say "only"?
When I started this project, I had no idea how large it would be. It just wanted to be huge. What could I do? Sometimes the pieces have a mind of their own and I just allow them to take shape.
If I finish this in time, it'll be a miracle!

1 comment: